Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Blah Day

Nothing too exciting going on at Casa de Soccer Mom today. Chloe's home sick from school with a cold (nothing bad but just a lot of sneezing, we didn't want to be that kid who gets everyone else sick!) and I'm loving having her home!

I've taken on way too much in the form of household chores this morning. Trying to clean, do all the laundry, get Christmas decos out, set up the girls' playroom, work on potty training Ava and unpack boxes...yeah, a little ridiculous since none of those things are really getting done completely!

(Ava, my child who was pretty much potty trained right before Thanksgiving, has regressed. I blame it on lot's of travel and being in an unfamiliar home. So we gave it another shot today and she's had more accidents this morning than she did the whole first week of potty training. She's now back in a diaper. Sigh...I can only handle so much...same with my carpet!)

And now it's 10:45, I've been cleaning since 8:00 and I'm burned out already.

I need to pace myself.

Focus on one thing at a time.

Bake some kind of treat to keep myself going....yeah, make another mess in the kitchen!

How's your Wednesday??



ps. I'm being attacked by grease-like spots on clothes coming out of the dryer! I've googled the situation and have not found an answer to my diliemma! We use liquid detergent and dryer sheets, our washer and dryer are less than a year old....what's the deal?? My kid's clothes usually get the worst of it and already a few new Gymboree outfits have been ruined by grease spots! What is going on??!!!

2 comments:

  1. Honey, don't you know when you are potty training everything else has to fly out the window? it does at may house anyway. :)

    Don't know about the grease spots. I have them on my shirts all the time but that is because I am always spilling food on myself and never even think about pretreating.

    Take it easy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember Wednesday. After all it was a whole 13 hours ago.

    I have however thoroughly documented my Thursday morning here:

    http://www.mommytopics.com/confessions/a-morning-in-the-life-of-a-mysterious-stay-at-home-mom

    Checking your blog was part of the schedule.

    As for the grease stains... they have been attacking my clothes for years. Laundry is not one of my strong suits, so I shrugged off the problem as something I alone was doing wrong. I have been hiding this problem in shame but now I feel freed knowing you too have been attacked. Maybe there is hope for me.

    I use powder detergent, and my washer and dryer are also relatively new.

    Please let me know if you come up with any answers and solutions to the grease spot issue.

    ReplyDelete