1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate, stirred with a candy cane.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I have two children who are terrified of Santa, and we decided early on to focus on Jesus, not Santa, with them. So, shockingly, Santa doesn't really come to our house...and my kids don't really even notice!
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? White. Straight, perfectly spaced out rows. Hubs is a bit anal about his exterior illumination.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. We don't need a reason to smooch...anytime, anywhere!
5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? Usually it's pretty early, like right after Thanksgiving. This year....it was today! I've been feeling a little Grinchy lately...not sure why. I'm blaming pregnancy hormones!
6. Favorite holiday dish? For Christmas eve we do ham with my extended family, I'm NOT a ham fan. We've started doing Christmas day on our own...one year we had tri-tip and last year I made shrimp and garlic pasta...it was delicious!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? We always did Christmas eve at my grandparents and I loved getting dressed up and it seemed like we just opened hundreds of gifts!!
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? I was always a gift-snooper, so pretty early. Plus, Santa's writing was the same as my moms!!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do Christmas even with extended family so we open lot's of gifts!
10. How do you decorate a tree? I'm a little particular about this. We have red, silver and gold ball ornaments and silver ribbon. When we first got married we had nothing so we bought the cheapest stuff we could find, and have added the same colors over the past five years. I'd love to have another tree someday decorated very fun and bright and eclectically!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I've never had a white Christmas, never lived where it snowed! In fact it's usually about 80 degrees on Christmas day in southern California!
12. Can you ice skate? Once again, 80 degrees on Christmas day in southern California!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I got Minnie Mouse roller skates when I was 6 and I thought I was the coolest thing ever. I have pics of me skating on Christmas day in a tank top and shorts...
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Teaching my kids the real meaning of the holidays. Showing them how to love others through giving. Creating fun family traditions and memories!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin cheesecake!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We bake a birthday cake for Jesus each year and read part of the Christmas story to the girls each night.
17. What tops your tree? A silver star with a red bow around it.
18. Which do you prefer-Giving or Receiving? I love giving, but most people in my life are hard to shop for! I feel good when I find that perfect gift...
19. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, there's so many!! I love "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "What Child is This?".
20. Candy Canes-Yuck or Yum? Delicious!
21. Favorite Christmas show? Every year on Thanksgiving we watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". Cousin Eddie makes me laugh hysterically every time. I love "Elf" and "It's a Wonderful Life". And I always watch "Little Women" at Christmas time...not sure why...
22. Saddest Christmas song? I can't think of any. But every year I sob watching our children's choir at church perform. There's something about sweet little kids singing songs about Jesus that just gets me every time...
If you decided to do this too link up and let me know!! I'd love to read about your Christmas!
Great meme Lisa. We watch Christmas Vacation too. Mark does Cousin Eddie quotes for the rest of the season.
ReplyDeleteI have never thought about watching Little Women. Great idea.
I really enjoyed reading this (especially #2). I am happy you like memes because Michelle tagged you to be the next guest on my show, Thursdays with Teresha. Her interview will be published this Thursday. The following Thursday, I will post a new set of questions. I hope you will join me! It's a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete