I was online earlier and Chloe wanted to see what I was looking at, so I showed her pictures of the devastated capital of Port-au-Prince. I explained (sort of) what an earthquake was, and what happened in Haiti. Then I told her that Jorguens lives in Haiti, about 60 miles from the capital.
She grew concerned. See, she prays for Jorguens with me. She colors pictures for me to mail to him. He sends us letters regularly too. It's like she knows him.
My heart just breaks for all those killed, injured, lost, devasted and over all affected by this tragedy. It makes me want to keep my babies close to me. Thus, the peanut butter cookies we just whipped up and put in the oven.
What can we do to help? Pray. Give. Encourage others to give.
I put a Compassion donation banner on my side bar. You can click on it and give any amount. Every little bit helps.
Ree, The Pioneer Woman whom all of us bloggers "know" and love, is doing a different kind of give away....one directly to Haiti. Please to enter her contest.
I hope your Haitian little one is o.k. I pray for all those poor people. I can't imagine that devastation to mind, body and spirit. Thank you for the link to Compassion. I'm interested in learning about the organization.
ReplyDelete