Hubs has been at school late the past couple days for IEP's. Late is probably a relative term. But for this Mommy, who is used to him coming home by 4:30, last night's 6:45 was LATE.
This morning I think I would have lost my head if it wasn't firmly connected to my body. As Ava and I were leaving to get Chloe-girl from pre-school I felt like I was forgetting something. I had planned to take the girls to Chik-Fil-A after pickup as a friday treat. As soon as we pulled up at school I realized I had left my purse at home. I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE! It's the pregnancy brain getting the best of me. No Chik-Fil-A for us! I just now ate lunch after pouting about it for the last two hours.
Week re-cap:
Ava's new "lovely" way of answering me when I ask her to do something is "Fine! I aaammm!". It's not so lovely to hear. We're working on a more polite "yes, mommy".
We got Chloe's reading curriculum in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to get started on it! This child is hungry to learn!
Ava is the potty champion. As this was our 2nd bout with potty training for her things were a bit touch and go for a few days. Thankfully she doesn't get bowel movement stage fright as Chloe did, instead she delightfully describes what her bm's look like to her! It scared me a bit yesterday when she said it looked like a baby....hmmmm???? I haven't changed a diaper in weeks and I do not miss it!
Verizon still cannot send me a correct phone bill. I still cannot call them to change it without crying. Hubs still has to do this for me. He still forgets everytime I ask him to call. The unpaid bill is still sitting next to the computer, nagging me.
My house will not stay clean. I really believe there are elves, or fairies, or possibly demons that un-do my hard work each night when I go to bed.
This weekend needs to see the guest room/nursery get the de-junked. It also needs to see me finish a few sewing projects and clean out the girls' play room/toy boxes. I've been putting both of these off since Christmas break. Yuck.
To end this Friday on a happy note...my new fave picture of my youngest girl!

She is just adorable. And yes, pregnancy brain is real. Very real. I can't believe she is potty trained. James still isn't. Oh well, we'll get to it soon.
ReplyDeleteHope you can have a restful weekend.
I am suffering from the 'my house can not stay cleaned' too.
ReplyDelete