It's 11:26 am and so far both girls are asking for early naps, which I won't give them because then they'll be awake from 1pm to 8pm with the last 4 hours consisting of constant tantrums and disobedience. So "The Fox and the Hound" was my solution. Which lasted 36 minutes. Now they're in the playroom. I don't want to know what they're doing.
Hubs' parents just left and I have to say that I'm very jealous...they're going to have a quiet lunch with Hubs at his school, and they had a date with him (alone) yesterday, leaving me here with both whiny, cranky children. I don't blame them, I'd leave us here too! Did I mention that both girls still have gnarly coughs and aren't sleeping well at night?? Ava has been up 2-3 times each night for the last 6 days. And today was the first day in 2 weeks that the girls slept until 7:00 am.
I love my kids. I really do. And the Lord has doubled my portion of patience in the last 4 months. But all of this is starting to really wear on me! Add to it a very uncomfortable pregnant belly, heart burn, lack of sleep and no end of any of this in sight...even after Baby Boy makes his arrival our life will be chaotic and stressful until mid-June. Hubs has class every Monday night next quarter, taking him away from home from 6:00 am until 10:30 pm and leaving me with three kids (including a newborn) for those hours! Then come the comps, his test for his Master's degree, which falls lovingly on our 6 year anniversary. Even writing this is giving me an anxiety attack. Anyone want to move in with me for a few months and be my nanny/housekeeper/cook/sanity-saver??
But on a fun, not-stressful note, I was blessed with a fabulous shower this weekend! Baby boy definetly has a wardrobe that will rival the hottest Hollywood babes. And we're still adjusting to the absence of all things pink. It's a change I can definetly get used to! We were so blessed by friends and family and really enjoyed celebrating this little one whom we can't wait to meet! Check out the floating baby on the left....not too much longer!!
oh Lisa! I so feel you on this one. I was EXACTLY where you are just a few months ago... could have written almost an identical post - feeling anxious and nervous and knowing what was ahead - the hours my husband would have to work, leaving me here with 4 little ones, including a newborn. Which is where I am right now. It is 8:30 pm and I am alone - I just put all four boys to bed by myself, after a long day - a feat I thought would be impossible. It's crazy, I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, but I think that God just comes through and gives you the strength and grace you need for each day. (including JOY, amazingly!) Also, not being pregnant REALLY helps - getting your energy back, and slowly, your body back does make a big difference. I know right now it seems like it will be terrible, but I know when you get to that time when you are without husband and managing three on your own, I truly believe that God will come through and carry you through those days!! And you'll be amazed at how you do it! blessings!
ReplyDeleteDitto to everything Leslie said above. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. It is hard, no denying. I know you are doing a great job though. Just rest when you can. Sit and read books to the kids, put in movies, call Nana, etc... Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete