Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This and That...

We've all been holed up with the cold o' death. First Chloe, then Hubs and I (still) and now my little Ava Joy has caught it. We went for soooo long without any of us getting sick and now all four of us got it! Apparently it's goin' around our town like crazy. Tonight Ava Joy asked me to put her to bed at 7:15 and was asleep within 15 seconds of crawling into her bed. Poor, pitiful baby! I snuggled her for a while and watched her sleep. Until I started coughing uncontrollably and had to bail in fear that I'd wake my little Sleeping Beauty!

Since I've still been horribly plagued with pregnancy insomnia I've watched most of the Olympics from the hours of 12am to 4am. It's a nice change from my usual infomercials that I watch during those hours! (No wonder I have a Magic Bullet, Shark Mop, Roomba, and Bare Minerals makeup! Ha!!)

I've been wrapping up my sewing projects, finally, and completed our new drapes for my family room just a few minutes ago. Now, if the Husband will hang me a rod we'd be all set! It feels good to finish things. But I always have issues with finishing projects I start! That's definetly something I need to work on. I think I just try and take on too many hobbies. So in the past month and a half I did the curtains for the girls' room, two dresses for the girls and these drapes. Pretty good for my slow-poke self!

We've had the most beautiful weather the past few days. Sunny, warm (not hot) and just gorgeous! It's been embraced with lot's of yard work, playing outside and watching our new neighbor. Yes, we have a new neighbor, and he's pretty entertaining.

Most of you won't get the humor in our new neighbor, but if you knew where we lived, it would be pretty funny. Our neighbor's behind us got a horse. Not just any horse, but Spirit, the 19 year old, gray muzzled horse.

We live in tract housing, but the houses behind us are actually on a bit of property and that area is zoned for animals (livestock?). But these people had this horse hanging out on their patio until they finished fencing in their property. Their 5 kids and dog have been relentlessly "loving" on poor Spirit. Spirit drinks his water out of a cooler and leaves road apples at their back door. It's just bizarre to live where we do and hear a horse neigh-ing all afternoon! The first day Spirit joined our neighbor's family the dad asked my husband if he knew how to take care of horses because none of them did and they got this horse for free so they just thought they'd take it. (Not like getting a fish or a small pet that has a pretty easy learning curve with it's care- it's a huge horse!) I thought it was funny that it showed up in a U-Haul horse trailer!

So my girls have loved watching Spirit, it's like the City Mouse meeting the Country Mouse! And we've enjoyed watching our neighbors figure out how to take care of this poor horse!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry you have all been sick. When Momma gets sick is when it really gets bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you all have been sick. I hope everyone feels better soon. My kids would love to watch Spirit :)

    ReplyDelete