This morning I was having a conversation with Chloe on our way to pre-school about Easter. They dyed eggs at school today and she brought her Easter basket for sharing. Now, we've never emphasized the Easter Bunny (or Santa, for that matter), but we've never told our kids they're not real. I've always just said it's a fun part of a holiday, but we give gifts to each other to celebrate how much we love each other and how thankful we are for Jesus' birth (or resurrection).
This morning she was really pushing the Easter Bunny thing. I asked her what Easter was all about and she told me Easter was when Jesus died on the cross for our sins, then three days later He rose again. I explained that we give small Easter gifts because we are celebrating what Jesus did for us and one way we do that is to show each other love in a gift-giving way. Still more push for the Easter Bunny.
The conversation ended with Chloe deciding that the Easter Bunny is thankful that Jesus died for his/her sins too and that's why he/she leaves us gifts. I didn't argue. Pregnancy covers a multitude of lazy (I'm glad my girl has the basic theology right...how she chooses to incorporate the Easter Bunny is now her business....)
This evening the Hubs decided to gather all the shoes that were scattered around the house in one place. To show me that "our family really likes shoes". Ha! Most of them were his. I try to keep them contained in closets, but once again....pregnancy covers a multitude of lazy...
I may have had a minor freak out this morning....when I dropped Chloe off at school her teacher told me that on Monday one of the boys in Chloe's class came to school with head lice. EW! The same kid was at school today, supposedly lice-free. She asked me if I'd noticed lice on Chloe....umm....okay...let me check. Didn't see anything right then. It took all my strength to not take Chloe right out that door with me! I got in the car and raged to Hubs about how mad I'd be if the girls got lice and how I was going straight home to wash everything they'd touched the last three days...regardless of whether I found lice or not! I was enraged that the parents of lice boy didn't keep him home one courtesy day to make sure the little critters were gone!
We got home, I checked Ava, she was fine. Got Chloe home later this morning, checked her, she's fine. Didn't wash everything the girls had touched the past three days....pregnancy covers a multitude of lazy!
And of all days, today Chloe got picked to bring a special friend home from school. Ted. D. Bear is her buddy for the next few days. Let's just say he got a fun ride in the dryer as soon as he entered our house to kill any potential critters he may have picked up at school. My girl felt so special that she got to bring him home! And I get to fill in a page in his journal about his time in our house!
She was so excited that she wore herself out playing with him before naptime. Then a great miracle happened....
She slept! And so did I...pregnacy covers a multitude of lazy!




Girl, you are hilarious!!!!!!
ReplyDeletejosh saw these pics of chloe and said (in his deep man voice)"well, you should put those pictures on your facebook."
ReplyDelete