Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blog Question...

Okay, I don't know if you've noticed, but I've put comments on moderation recently because I've been getting lot's of spam comments. Some random ones, some inappropriate ones. I've been able to catch them and delete them quickly, mostly because I can check my blog comments from my phone when I'm up at 4:00am nursing Silas!

This freaks me out since this is a blog mostly about my family and heavy with pics of my kids.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the spammers? Is there like a "report" button or anything?

If you're a regular reader of my blog, will you leave me a comment on this post? Even if you're a lurker, I don't mind your lurking, I'm a lurker on quite a few blogs myself, but just this once, please de-lurk so I know you're not a creep stalking my family. Thanks :)

 I'd like to figure out what cities on my feejit may belong to my not so friendly spam-comment leaving visitors....

5 comments:

  1. hi, lisa. I read your blog, but I don't leave you spam messages. haha. My location will probably show up as Newport Beach...who knows why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's my comment, friend....
    we want more pics of baby brother!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will leave a comment in return for some picture of Silas!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog as well and my location shows up as carmichael, but I'm not a spam sender. Normally I don't leave comments although your family is really precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haa haa... that's a good one, Mama Hen. I agree... we'll leave comments when you post more pictures of Silas:) We all need our baby fix here!!

    On a serious note, I found that I got rid of a ton of spam comments when I put on the word verification, site meter, and took away anonymous comments. Not sure if you've done this already. I also don't let my blog come up on search engines... some setting I put on early with my blog.

    hmmm... not sure if I helped.

    Mostly, I just stopped by to say hi! We've missed you and CAN'T wait to see Silas!

    ReplyDelete