Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time

My blogging has been s.l.o.w. lately. Time has been a very elusive friend these days....I measure everything by Silas' feedings, it seems. My big boy nurses about every two hours so I'm always looking at the clock trying to figure out what to do in the non-nursing minutes that tick by. I'm trying to focus that bit of time on my kids and husband, but I am selfish and I miss me. I miss blogging, editing pictures, reading and chatting on the phone with girlfriends! So until I find this balance, the blogging and posting of pictures will be s.l.o.w.

I don't know how all of you moms with more than two kids do it! Especially when you add homeschooling into the equation. Honestly, what's your secret??!! Is there some brand of coffee with superpowers that I don't know about yet?? And moms with young babies...how do you survive and be lovely and cheery to your family on very little sleep??!! Because that's one mystery of life I'd love to be able to overcome right now!

Anyways, enough of me and on to the fun people in my house!

The girls love their brother! They like to tell people about him, hold him, coo over him and let me know when he's crying...just in case I didn't know already! This boy is going to have 3 mommies!!

Chloe's preschool year is winding down and I think she's ready to be done. I was the worst mommy ever on wednesday when I forgot to send her with something caterpillar-like for share. But at least I remembered it was our snack day! Chloe's had the most trouble adjusting to Silas. But it's come out in the form of needing to be constantly entertained, always wanting "something fun" planned, and a little bit of back talk. But she's draining me right now and I've struggled with patience and grace for my oldest girl.
Ava is such a joy. She has been agreeable, smiley, and silly since the day we came home from the hospital. But this girl is adjusting by not sleeping as much as she used to. Thankfully, she still naps like a champ! But she's up earlier in the morning and stays up later at night. She loves her "baby Si-was"!

Silas is my big boy! He was 9.6 at birth and on Monday at the Dr. he weighed in at 10.5! He's a very easy baby, so far. He smiles a lot in his sleep and has finally learned to love the Moby wrap. He goes with the flow of our family and I'm soooo enjoying his sweet little self! I can't wait to get to know this boy more!

Now, a picture overload. I should ration these for you, but in order to save time, you're getting them all now, all un-edited as well! Enjoy!


The Hubs is studying away for his exam for his Master's degree, plus working and winding down his school year, plus attending class every Monday night and doing homework for that, plus caring for our little family. He gets the baby for me at night when it's time to nurse and tries to stay awake with me (he doesn't succeed often but I appreciate the effort!) and he does all the grocery shopping! I've got a good one, I'm tellin' ya!

Okay, enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

  1. He is so gorgeous, Lisa! i love, love love his chubby cheeks! I know how those first few months are - just kind of a blur of feedings and time loses it's meaning. But thanks for taking the time to share some pics and thoughts it's so great to see how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for sharing the pics with us. He is adorable.

    You will get into your groove soon. Or maybe not.:) Sleep-deprivation really is hard. I know people joke about it, but it is a verrrry real thing. Don't worry about trying to make it like it was before. It is different now and everyone will adjust. It really does take time. One day you will be at the store with all three of them and things will be going well and it will hit you, "I am doing this and it is all okay."

    ReplyDelete