I'm not afraid of losing them or anything, I'm afraid Ava will meltdown and Silas will start screaming. Other people will stare. Judgements will be made. I guess I rely on my husband a ton to help me with the kids in public. Even taking Chloe and Silas out makes me nervous. All three kids? Not sure when that's going to happen....Usually taking more than one of them would involve a lot of sweating, some crying (by them, not me, I wait until I get home) about 45 snack baggies and sippy cups, strollers, shoes on then shoes off....it just seems like a ton of work with all three. I know we'll get there, eventually.
But Target today was a success. I even rewarded Ava with new sunglasses :) We hula hooped in the toy aisle and picked out some new Playdough! I got what I needed, and Silas actually slept until we got home (then he started screaming, we think he's a little colicky, poor guy!).
Here's to many more tear-free outings!
I'm not laughing. Promise. I don't think there is a mother alive who isn't scared the first time she goes out with all the kiddos. You'll get the hang of it though and one day you will be able to laugh at yourself.
ReplyDeleteoh man, it is tough!
ReplyDelete