Wednesday, June 2, 2010

This & That....

Five more days of preschool left! Woohoo!!

This morning I rushed to get ready only to have my girls sleep until 7:45...which is unheard of here! It was so nice to have quiet time with Silas before the busy-ness of our morning started! I got him dressed and he shared what's on his mind today (he's making THE most precious coo-ing sounds these days!). Finally the little princesses awoke and we got our morning started.

I placed my happy little clam in his baby papasan chair, which he loves, and pretty soon I heard some booty acoustics that would make his daddy proud. I finished up breakfast with the girls, taking my time, knowing what was awaiting me in his diaper would still be there a few minutes later.

Big mistake.

The boy had a blowout that puts all other blowouts to shame. I apologize if this post on baby poop is offensive, but most of my readers are moms anyways, so I doubt you're offended. But girls, it was like a sea of corn, overflowing the diaper on all sides! Up to his armpits! That baby papasan chair will never be the same.

The tricky thing is getting the clothes off the kid without getting poo all over their face and hair....we went down the body, rolling the poopy clothes as we moved down. I hope the yellow stain comes out because of course Silas was wearing one of my favorites!

So now we're home, I've recovered and the wee one is trying to put himself to sleep. And by putting himself to sleep I mean I've pacifiered, swaddled and white-noised him. Yes those can all be verbs. We're working on this whole sleeping on his own for naps business. It was the biggest blessing when Ava was tiny that she napped well and on her own. It gave me time with Chloe alone. I'd like for Silas to be a flexible sleeper. So far he naps well on the couch, in the swing, in the pack & play and we're working on the crib. But he sleeps best next to Mommy :)

Last weekend we did the blueberry farm and hopefully I can get those pictures loaded and edited this afternoon! We had so much fun!!

I hope you have a glorious, blowout-free Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment