So I'm reading blogs, watching HGTV and eating a brownie. That's my idea of a fun Monday afternoon while my children all sleep. This morning the two littlest and I dropped Chloe off at preschool and went to my parents house to hang out for a while. We chatted, played Legos and had a bite of lunch. Then my mom decided she wanted to take Chloe out to lunch after preschool so she followed me to Chloe's school and surprised my little girl with a special lunch at Chik-fil-A!
This was a little bittersweet for my mom and I...see, my parents listed their house for sale last week. They're planning on moving accross the country, to Georgia. This comes at a sad time for all of us. With my grandfather passing away in March, my grandma is alone. We just welcomed baby #3 and I have a sweet nephew due in September. So these spontaneous little lunches out with grandkids are numbered.
The past month and a half has been one of the most joyful and most sorrowful times of my life and I'm still struggling to deal with all the emotion certain events have brought up in my heart (thanks postpartum hormones!!). I can't even fully blog about what I'm thinking and feeling. But I know that despite our strained relationship at times, it breaks my heart that my kids will grow up without their Nana and Pops nearby. Silas will not even remember being with them, and Ava probably won't either. Their interaction will be limited to visits every year or so (if we'll ever be able to afford to fly a family of five to Georgia!).
Enough with the heavy stuff...we had a great week last week with college friends visiting from out of town, a relaxing day on Saturday (including buying some more 3 mo clothes for Silas...who has already outgrown all of his newborn clothes!) and running errands on Sunday. Okay, I have to elaborate on Sunday. All five of us made it to church, then went out to lunch (I had to feed Silas but we didn't want to drive all the way home to do it, so a restraunt was our location of choice), then to Target and Costco and finally home. Hubs and I felt so accomplished that we made it to all those places with our 3 littles all in tow and all in great moods! It was fun! I'm improving and feeling more comfortable with nursing Silas in public (I was not good at it with the girls) but the last few days Silas is having issues with breathing and nursing simultaneously. He'll nurse for a minute, start coughing and choking, burp loudly, then nurse again. He also enjoys pooping VERY loudly while nursing. Which has banished us to the cry room at church in order to avoid a potentially very embarassing situation in the sanctuary! Ha!
So life continues as a family of five...and for your entertainment...more unedited pictures that show a typical evening in our home:
(trying to get a cute pic of all 3...I don't think Silas trusts his sisters yet...)
(Ava got mad and decided to kick Chloe in the head apparently...glad I caught it on camera!)
(My sweet children...)
(finally!)
(pretend I'm in this too!)
i love the shots of trying to get a good photo - I have sooo many like that too!
ReplyDelete