Forgiveness....
These two are not only sisters, 21 months apart, but I truly believe they are best friends. One of the reasons homeschooling is so appealing to me is because it embraces my desire to raise siblings to be close to each other, to find their best friend within our family.
This morning over coffee (for me) and breakfast with the girls (yes it's not even 8am and they've been fed already, they like to wake up early...lucky me!) I just sat back and listened to their conversation, with me and with each other. It just warms my heart to listen to these two! Most of the time they get along beautifully, but when there is conflict we deal with it quickly and their hearts are always so eager to forgive! I love that!
When wronged I am often tempted to hold a grudge. Many times I give into this temptation, as ugly as it is. But my girls teach me every day to forgive quickly and completely. These two little ones love so deeply, wholly and unconditionally. And on the days that I mess up with them it's always such a blessing to apologize to them for my grouchiness and be readily embraced by those little arms.
Joy...
This summer I've decided to study the book of Philippians daily. Yesterday I was blessed so much by chapter 4:4-7..."Be joyful always, I will say again, be joyful! Let your kindness and gentleness be evident to all for the Lord is coming soon. Do not worry about anything, but with prayer and petition present your requests to the Lord who is faithful to give us everything we need. And God's peace, which surpasses all understanding will transcend your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (My paraphrase)
I want to be joyful in all things, teaching my girls that it's not our circumstances that bring us joy, our joy is in the Lord! These are lessons I'm learning as an adult, but what a blessing it would be to learn this as a young child! To have this knowledge as they grow and experience life! So my dear sweet little girls, thank you for your love, and unconditonal forgiveness. And be joyful in all things, for you have Jesus' love on, around and inside of you and that is always reason to be joyful!
No comments:
Post a Comment