Friday, July 30, 2010

On the Eve of My 28th Birthday

This is the eve of my 28th birthday, so I thought I would share 28 facts about myself. Ready? Ok!
  1. I'm freaked out about getting older. 30 terrrifies me.
  2. I'm getting wrinkles around my mouth. Briefly considered collagen shots, then remembered I'm a 28(almost) year old stay-at-home mom on a very tight budget. That money would be completely wasted. Instead I'll embrace the phrase "Women are like fine wine...better with age."
  3. I love to shop. Mostly for my kids. I feel like I've lost my shopping mojo when it comes to picking out things for myself. My husband, on the other hand, does a fab job picking clothes out for me.
  4. I love reading. Right now I'm reading books on homeschooling.
  5. I played softball for 15 years. I was a pitcher, and I turned down a full scholarship to play in college and all I have now are the student loan bills to show for my softball "career".
  6. I love having babies, but hate being pregnant.
  7. When I was pregnant with Chloe I had morning sickness for 8 months, 6 months with Ava and 4 months with Silas.
  8. When I was in high school I said I wanted 9 children.
  9. This coming January is my 14 year anniversary since I gave my life to Jesus.
  10. I love to cook, but hate cleaning up after dinner.
  11. I love to bake, but always eat all of whatever I baked.
  12. Cheesecakes are my specialty.
  13. I don't like eating hot food. Room temp is fine with me.
  14. I went to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday with my best friend and we had an amazing time! Such fond memories!
  15. I'm a terrible driver. I don't even try to deny it.
  16. I've seen the musical "Wicked" twice and both times the music brought me to tears. It's my (and my childrens') favorite thing to listen to on my ipod.
  17. I'm desperate to get away on a vacation with my husband. But having a small, nursing babe isn't really conducive to a mommy/daddy getaway. At least not for the next year or so.
  18. My babies have never taken bottles, hence #17. (This is supposed to be about me, not my kids....I know.)
  19. I went to a tiny Christian college and a tiny Christian high school. Loved them both.
  20. I dated my husband for 14 months, then we were engaged for 14 months, and now we've been married for 6 years.
  21. I've had three kids in four and a half years. I'm open to having more, I've left it up to my husband. The thought of having a large family makes me very very happy.
  22. I have way too many hobbies...they include: taking pics and the subsequent photoshopping,doing photo cards/invitations etc for friends, sewing, reading, scrapbooking, and making hair lovelies.
  23. I'm terrible at finishing projects.
  24. I cannot follow a sewing pattern for the life of me. I make up all my own patterns just by measuring the girls (I usually make dresses for them).
  25. Once I start reading a good book I will negelect my family until I finish it, thankfully I'm a speedy reader.
  26. I don't remember the last time I went to the movies.
  27. I love reality television shows, my faves are all the "Real Housewives" shows. I also love all the shows about people breaking out of prison, don't ask me why....
  28. I love my friends, real or bloggy. I don't have a large family, so I've always considered my close friends to be my family. I love it when people comment on my blog too :) *hint hint*

4 comments:

  1. Well, happy birthday! A little early, just remember, getting older, is getting wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday friend!!! I love all 28 years and 28 things of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You are a mere babe :). I am so glad you mentioned about not finishing projects-glad I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! so fun to learn some new facts about you!

    ReplyDelete