Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer 2010 Vacation

We're back from a fun trip up north to visit family! We had such a great time and everything would be glorious, but as I was complaining about on facebook today, the stinkin' maid took this last week off too and I came home to a very dusty house that desperately needs a good vacuuming! I'm going to have to have a few words with her....

I feel so far behind on all the blogs I enjoy reading! And now I really feel the clock ticking to get all my homeschool and MOPS ducks in a row as summer is quickly coming to a close...

The beautiful Shaver Lake
The Husband goes back to work next Monday, and little Chloe starts kinder on the 24th. Where have the last 4 1/2 years gone and how do I already have a kindergartner?? Sweet Silas is 4 months next Wednesday and my gee-gee free Ava Joy is three on August 31. Life is just busy. And I love it. It's strange looking back at this time, last year, which was one of the hardest times in my life! We were in the seemingly never ending process of buying our house (which was our 11th offer!) and things were not going very well, our home had just been burglarized, we were pregnant with Silas (but didn't know it yet) and I was dreading my husband returning to work. The Lord has been so faithful to us, bringing us full circle this past year.

Back to our trip....my in-laws rented a pontoon boat for a day up at the gorgeous (80 degree weathered) Shaver lake and we had such an amazing day! We swam, fished, and boated, loving the beautiful scenery. It's truly one of the most gorgeous landscapes I've ever seen. So peaceful and relaxing. Heavenly.

Okay, I don't think it's supposed to fit this way....
The girls loved being out on the boat and little Silas proved yet again that he's the happiest, most even going baby ever. Even when his momma stuffs him in a life vest, making him look like a hot dog. We saw throughout our whole trip, including endless hours in the car, that he is such a joy to be with. Everyone we were with commented on what a happy and content little child he is, I felt so proud to be his Mommy!

With babies like this, it's easy to imagine having a whole litter! Back at my in-laws the girls finally conquered the swimming pool, getting braver and braver each day. Finally, on our last night there they were both jumping in from the highest part of the patio and enjoying every minute of it!

We had such a fun week and I'm so thankful and blessed to have such an amazing family. They truly love me like a daughter, and love my kids to pieces. The only downside is hearing the girls cry for their Mimi and Pop Pop the past few days...we'll see them in a few weeks and I'm not sure who will be more excited, the kids or adults?!



1 comment:

  1. He does look like a hot dog! And a very cute on at that.

    I got your email and will email you soon.

    ReplyDelete