Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Morning Coffee

Silas has been waking each night twice the last few weeks...this momma is tired! It's not even 6 a.m. but I'm wide awake now after his 5:00 feeding. Probably because I just ate two chocolate chip cookies. And I'm going back for more! (And I'll be cranking up the coffee maker momentarily.)

It seems like my typing on our keyboard is extremely loud in my very quiet house. I'm going to be regretting this extra early rising when the littles are up for the day in about an hour...

Yesterday evening my girls got hillbilly haircuts. You know, when Mommy cuts their hair outside on the front lawn while they sit on a bucket for all the neighbors to gawk and stare at? It was Ava Joy's first hair cut (she is three in a few weeks). I don't understand how her hair grows sooo unevenly! Combing it out straight, while it's wet, and there are pieces from the top that were a good three inches longer than any other section! Well Momma fixed that! Hopefully I did it evenly as she went second and it was getting pretty dark by then...after their haircuts were done I spread the hair all over our lawn as Husband instructed (to keep the wild animals away). Ha! All we get are about 1000 wild bunnies eating our lawn and I don't think a little hair will deter them, especially since Daddy and Chloe often put carrots on the lawn for them....

All Chloe's homeschool stuff is ordered and we can't wait to get started!
Today will consist of (amidst playing, feeding, laughing, disciplining and snuggling) coffee with a girlfriend, finishing our stack of library books with the girls, making Silas and Ava's 4 month and 3 year well baby appointments, tackling our stacks of vacation laundry and a yummy foil pack dinner. (Foil pack dinners are my favorite...a large piece of foil, a chicken breast that has been seasoned- usually garlic salt and pepper-, a good drizzling of olive oil, cut up red potatoes, carrots and zucchini, folded up in the foil and placed in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes. Delicious, easy clean up and crowd pleasin'!)

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment