This morning I'm enjoying peach cobbler with my coffee. Delicious and nutritious, right? And I'm totally frustrated that my girls are waking up earlier and earlier each day and when I keep them in their room until 7 a certain little one is not very happy. Who needs birds chirping outside their window when you can enjoy the sounds of a 2 year old's tantrum bright and early?
I have to say that I'm not very optimistic about today. I wish I could be. I just know the pattern that my days have taken to this week, and it's not very fun.
Sweet Silas is rolling around in his bed. He doesn't get swaddled very much now that he can roll freely, but thankfully he's learned to be laid down awake and just put himself to sleep. It is a blessing! And he's still able to sleep on me if we're out or at church (we haven't put him in the nursery yet). He's such a happy little clam!
Today and tomorrow we are getting together with friends, which is always fun. I love that I have friends in all stages of life. Married, married with kids, unmarried. It's refreshing to be around a dating couple and see their deep love for each other, a love untainted by the trials of having children. But I also adore hanging with my married friends who have children the same age as mine. There's always an unspoken understanding of each other. Like another mom can read the emotions of your week within a few minutes of arrival. I love the encouragement, the "I've so been there"s, and the support that another mom provides. And every once in a while it's great to have a conversation that involves nothing child related. Where you both remember those days when you each had a full brain and your fingers didn't smell like Desitin all day.
Okay friends, enjoy your Friday and your weekend! I was going to post my peach cobbler recipe but it's all the way over in the kitchen, a full 33 steps away. So if you'd like it, let me know and I'll put it up later!
No comments:
Post a Comment