Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Week

One week from today....this little one will begin kindergarten (officially...we've been "doing school" for a few weeks...).

She's already practicing writing her alphabet, reading from readers and other fun books, reading the grocery lists each visit to the store, teaching her sister to write her own name, playing counting games, creating masterpieces on the easel in our garage, learning sight words, enjoying read-aloud time with Mommy then drawing pictures of the stories we've read, checking out stacks and stacks of books from the library, learning how to cut and paste, sounding out every word she can come up with and playing rhyming games each and every time we're in the car.

This little peanut will turn three on August 31. She can spell her own name along with her sister's. She asks questions about anything and everything. Miss Ava knows all the sounds of each letter of the alphabet. She loves Legos and Lincoln logs and kissing her baby brother. She listens to a story attentively and eagerly answers questions about it. She has an infectious laugh and loves to sing the ABC's every night before bed. She plays with playdough or rainbow rice while Mommy works on school stuff with Chloe.


This chunky, sweet man-child is already four months old! Where has the time gone? He's rolling front to back and back to front, he likes to grab his toes and chew on them and he gives out smiles to anyone who looks at him. He's genuinely the happiest baby I've ever seen! We just adore this sweet sweet boy!


I can't believe I'm already the Mommy of a school aged child! I've been loving every minute of "school" and love that I get to be with my babies all day.

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed indeed! You have three beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete