Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In Our House 1 Year! Plus A Giveaway!

I cannot believe it's been a year. There was sooooooo much drama surrounding the purchase of our 1st home last year and it felt like it was just never going to happen. Of course God held us in the palm of his hand through all the ups and downs. And we are just so thankful that this was His plan for our family. Seriously, everyday the Husband or I will still say that we can't believe this is our house!

Now, onto my first giveaway! When we moved in there was A Smell. This house was previously lived in by renters, and not taken care of the best, but it was repainted and the carpet was cleaned before we moved in. (Which is super rare on a foreclosure!) But A Smell lingered. No matter what I had done, vacuumed with baking soda, burned yummy candles, cooked my own yummy food, A Smell would always still be there.

Enter my sweet friend Theresa.

She is a Scentsy consultant. She hosted a Scentsy party. I attended. I purchased. I used my Scentsy warmer with the two scents Hazelnut Latte and Sentimental Cider and guess what? There is no longer A Smell. It's gone!!

Even when I don't have my warmer on, I cannot smell the stank that was our house before we moved in! Woohoo!!

Sooo....to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in our house, and because everyone's home should smell yummy and inviting we have a Scentsy giveaway!!  The warmers (which are adorable! I have the Plantation large warmer and the Taro plug in) use a lightbulb to melt the food-based wax and make your home/classroom/dorm smell amazing. The wax DOES NOT get overly hot. I can comfortably stick my finger in the melting wax. And I do. Because I'm weird and I think it looks cool melted on my finger. These are safe for classrooms and dorms!

Wouldn't you love to have a yummy smell for your house? Or give this as a gift? Who doesn't love yummy smelling stuff?? Okay so enter this giveaway! Visit Theresa's site. Leave a comment stating which plug- in/scent just calls to you!
Theresa has sweetly offered to give away a plug in and scent bar of your choice!

I'll pick a winner next Monday morning!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa!
    I actually might be able to come to your party! I was just going to place an order this week, so I might hold off now! I love my Scentsy burners. I think I have like 6 with all of my holiday ones too:) I know my mom wanted some new scents too.

    BTW, congrats on one year in your new house! It's a good feeling huh? We are about a year and a half into our house...loving every day:)
    Might as well enter your giveaway:)
    I love the Nature's Haven burner and I would love to try the scent you mentioned above Sentimental Cider

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I remember all of the twists & turns y'all went through in regards to the move. Look what a difference a year makes! :)

    Fun giveaway, too! I love the sand dollar plug-in and I think the Camu Camu scent sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any scentsy stuff but would love to! I am hoping to come to your party to learn more about it. I'd love to try anything and any scent!

    Congrats on making it to one year in your house! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have been in your house for a year!

    I looked at all the scents and it is too hard to choose. I know my husband would like the ocean scent (cause he would live at the ocean if he could), but the Cranberry Muffin is calling out to me!

    Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa...please tell me why they don't make cool things like this in New Zealand! What a fun idea!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer and am glad it is finally here in NZ but I SO LOVE fall scents and your blog just made me smile for all the yummy scents of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweet pea vanilla, home sweet home, apple cider one all sounds yummy!! My all boy house needs some sweet smells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woops, left the comment in the wrong place! I LOVE the Rooster warmer and the Sugar Cookie scent! Pick me, pick me :) Sweet pea vanilla, and home sweet home sound lovely too!

    ReplyDelete