Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thoughts

Click me. Enter my giveaway for a Scentsy plug-in and scent bar. Your house will thank you. *

Today we have a little Sickie Girl in our home. We're taking care of her by giving her soup, encouraging her to rest and taking things easy school-wise. We did a little this morning, started a new FIAR book, went over the life cycle of a pumpkin, did geography on Italy and made little Italian flags. Then she watched a "My Little Pony" dvd. Twice.

Things are on my mind lately. My sweet boy. I'm doubting myself as a mom, and I know I shouldn't because there's not a real reason to. Our little chunker has slimmed and lengthened out. Just like the girls did. He's still nursing. A lot. Started rice cereal. Crawls. Laughs. Smiles. Sleeps through the night (most of the time). He's right on track developmentally and has followed the same growth pattern as the girls. But I question myself, and all that I'm doing because our Dr. questions his weight and is cautioning me to "watch his weight, make sure he gains more....". I think he was on the brink of telling me to supplement with formula yesterday. He didn't say it, but it wouldn't suprise me if he did. I'm trusting my instincts, my 5 years of mothering and what Silas' body is telling me. He is fine. Breastmilk is best for him. I don't have a supply problem there.

Today Ava-girl and I have played a lot. Chloe has wanted to be alone, resting. So Ava and I were little mousies in our tent mouse hole. We ate mouse cheese. We pretended Chloe was a cat, trying to eat us. We had fun. I'm trying to let go and just play, just have fun. My house is a wreck, laundry may consume us, but today, we will play and have fun!

Totally unrelated to this post, but one of my favorite fall pictures ever. Chloe was almost 3, Ava was 14 months.

On the agenda for tonight? Chicken pot pie, pumpkin carving and bubble baths.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, that's what you are supposed to do when someone is sick. Rest, relax, and play. And chicken pot pie. That should count for the whole day! :)

    Trust yourself about Silas. If you are still worried, ask a good friend what she thinks. But don't ask too many people, you will get even more worried. You are doing a great job (just ask your hubby and your girls).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tough about Silas - I think you're right though, trust your instincts and nurse, nurse, nurse - it is the best for him. Love that you're relaxing and playing today - sounds fun. I remember playing that same cat and mouse game with my grandmother - it's one of my favorite childhood memories - how fun that you are creating those memories today with your girls! blessings xox

    ReplyDelete