This is has never been more evident to me than since they started taking dance class together.
I put them in the same class because I know Ava would want to be with Chloe, at least until she got comfortable. Chloe is thriving and loving it. Ava...not so much. I may or may not have had to bribe her to at least finish out this month, which I've already paid for.
Chloe loves to perform, look at herself in the mirror, get all dolled up each week, chat and socialize with the other little girls and charm her way into whomever's heart she can.
Ava is shy. Period. She get frustrated with herself when learning the dance steps. She mostly looks forward to having a snack after class. But she does love making noise in her tap shoes! She does love it when she gets one-on-one attention from her teacher, and loves to get her stamp in her stamp book at the end of class. I think she likes the idea of doing something. But as soon as she gets in that studio each Wednesday....out come the grumpy eyebrows. I'm not sure how she'd do if I took her out of the class, I really think she would not be happy still, because Chloe would be doing it and she wouldn't. We'll have to see how the next couple of weeks go, bless her heart!
Ava is a very silly little girl, loves to play pretend and her imaginary friends are her body parts, her "peenders" and her "peet". If she's not eating her dinner, it's "mouth's fault" and I have to discipline "mouth". She loves her Piggy and loves it when I make up stories about Piggy. Thank goodness, it's very easy to distract her out of a tantrum or a bad mood.
Chloe's love language is physical affection. She likes to be a helper and is very much a people pleaser. She is everyone's friend. She will be silly and goofy just to get other kids to laugh at her and break the ice between them. She likes things "just so" and always wants things to be equal between herself and Ava.
They both love love love to share. (Praise Jesus!)
Two little girls, so completely different!
No comments:
Post a Comment