I wasn't always this way. I used to love to go shopping. Back in the day (prior to children, husband) I could not stand being at home, loved shopping and would go at any chance I got.
I still enjoy shopping, but these days I'm way behind on what's cool to wear anymore, unless you're talking about cool clothes for a five year old. But I'd rather shop for house stuff anyways. Like adjustable bar stools for my empty breakfast bar. Or fabric to make new window mistreatments. Or towel racks. Area rugs make my heart race. You know, the super fun stuff in life.
I just want my home to be welcoming. To kids. Adults. Strangers. I brought a stranger over just the other night in fact. We met some new neighbors that have the same model house as us. Our layout and certain features are a little odd so we were discussing how we worked with them. Without even thinking about the state of my house I invited this neighbor inside to see our furniture arrangement. And brought her through the garage. And laundry room.
It was kinda like going to the prom without any make up on. After not sleeping. While you're having your time of the month.
My house was not neat to say the least. Then she invited me over to her house. Yikes. Her house was beautiful. Immaculate. Did I mention beautiful?
Anyways. Back to the staying home thing. It's my comfort zone. I can go an entire week without leaving, and I'm okay with that. I've even inspired my sweet Ava girl to be a homebody as well. Chloe is like her daddy and loves going out. For now, Silas is a homebody to. Maybe that's because where his food's at, if you know what I mean.
Are you a homebody or a social butterfly? I'm always so surprised to learn this about friends, it's often the opposite of what I would think....
Oh honey, I am a homebody! Big time. Although I will say I don't mind running to the grocery store by myself every once in a while.
ReplyDeleteI love being at home and knowing there is no rush. No plans to have to get all dressed up and go out. Especially when it is cold and rainy out.
I love the freedom of not being on a timetable to be anywhere.
With two scouts and one Heritage Girl and art classes and co-ops and tennis lessons and violen lessons and doctor's appointments and etc it doesn't happen very much. So I relish it when it does happen.
I am such a homebody. I love being at home and could easily go a week without leaving! ha! I also have not always been that way - I think it was having a third baby that really turned me into one. I am very happy and content at home. I'm sure it will change again in the future, but for now that's how I feel! :)
ReplyDeleteIf it's possible I am both at once! I LOVE being home and at night never want to go out, love just sitting my house with my family--especially at Christmas with our tree and lights on. But if I don't at least go on a walk around the little town we live I feel a little stir crazy. I just like home though for the most part. :) I am with you on house stuff too friend! The little shops by me have tons of cute house stuff and most of my walks consist of a little starbucks, stroller, and looking at cute house stuff :)
ReplyDelete