Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Joy for December

Good morning glorious December! I will miss my friend, November, but you, December seem to hold promises of joy this year. Joy, and not stress, por favor. That's my focus this December. Joy, daily, hourly, overflowing, bountiful joy.

I had sweet joy this morning listening to the girls sing along to Christmas songs in the car. I had even more joy as the girls went to dance class and even though the parent-viewing window is blocked out now (due the the upcoming recital) I could still hear their music and pictured their little bodies shimmy-ing and shaking along.

We had a lovely time making our Christmas countdown chair the other afternoon. Today will be the first day we tear a ring off. And though my decorations are still not up, they will be in the next few days, I will not get stressed, or overwhelmed. Think deep, lovely, joy.

Joy as I push my cart through the crowded grocery store, thankful for the provision of food and the ease with which we can purchase it. Joy to be changing another dirty diaper, for these diapers cover some very precious buns thankyouverymuch. Joy for the crumbs and spills, made by precious hands. Joy folding 9 loads of laundry the last two days. And joy that the baskets are already filling up again.

Joy hearing Chloe read. Joy that Chloe decided that next year she will teach her sister kindergarten and my only job will be to make lunch and take care of Silas. Joy that my two oldest love having a younger sibling, even when they nag me for more babies.

Joy in my heart celebrating Jesus' birth this Christmas. Joy that I get to teach these littles about Him, joy in praying they'll follow him all their lives. Joy in raising a Christian heritage. Pure, sweet, joy.

(I would love to add pictures, but I can't load any new ones onto my already full hard drive. Bummer. )

No comments:

Post a Comment