Ava just walked up to me and said that her face was 'boring and static-y'. Not sure what that means.
The girls watched the Curious George movie for the first time this week (borrowed from the library) and it's so cute! I also love hearing Jack Johnson music throughout. Makes me feel like I'm on vacation. Except I'm not.
Speaking of the library, I have a pet peeve. We went there on Monday (me and all three kids! I know, you can die of shock that I took them by myself!) and got there just as story time was ending and kids were pouring out of the story room. My kids, of course, were insanely jealous and were begging me to bring them back for story time. The librarian gave me a pamphlet about story time and encouraged us to come next week. Now when I got home I read the pamphlet in which it says that "story time is an introducation to independent learning and parents are encouraged to wait outside the story room for their children. There are professional story tellers and lap sitters to be with the children for story time inside the story room" or something like that. (A friend of mine told me about this recently regarding another library in our town, I wasn't expecting this at both libraries!) Am I crazy that I find this completely inappropriate?!!
I don't understand what makes someone think it's okay to have 3-5 year olds in a room, with the door shut, with adults they don't know for an hour. I feel like that is an invitation for disaster! Why do 3 year olds even need an "independent learning experience"?! They're three!!!!
And how does one become a "professional lap sitter"??? I would put myself in that catagory, having three kids 5 and younger! Would that be something you'd put on a resume? Is there a certification program for that? Hopefully a background check is conducted prior to lap sitting school....
I just think it's weird. Why not just have the parents sit in the back, let the kids be up front and "independent" if they want to? We will not be attending story time next week, needless to say.....
Okay, off my soap box now.
Have a glorious weekend! We have a 4 day weekend and I plan to enjoy every second of it!
I hope you are at sea world today!! So does that mean no story time on stranger's laps next week?? yeah... weird!
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think you are right on target about the library story-time thing. There ain't NO WAY I would leave my young kiddos like that with strangers.