Good morning friends. Crazy busy-ness ahead for me today. We're finally getting to go up to visit Andrew's family, after this trip was postponed over Christmas break, and messed up again this last week. You see we had planned to visit college friends in Redding as well, it's been forever since we've been up there and everyone has new babies and I just miss them all so stinkin' much. My heart was so happy to be heading to Redding.
Then I checked the mail on Wednesday. And my husband got a subpoena. To be in court on March 31, smack dab right in the middle of our Redding trip.
Remember when our rental house was burglarized a while back? Well, they caught the guy. And we said we'd testify. I don't know what exactly Andrew can do for them, we never saw him. But he was caught with our stolen Wii and a few other things. So Andrew will go to court and we'll see what happens. It was really hard, emotionally, getting this in the mail and gearing up for next Thursday. It feels like things have finally settled, and we finally have a bit of security. Although everytime I return home from being out I look at our tv cabinet and see if our electronics are still there, the second I walk thru the door. Just to make sure our house wasn't burglarized again, because if anything there was askew it would be the first clue that something was up.
We aren't happy that this court date falls in the middle of our vacation, but we want the closure.
So we're loading up today and I have a to-do list about a mile long. Traveling with three kids pretty much means I pack my entire house in my suv. And it's our first time since homeschooling started that we'll take school work "on the road" with us. I don't want to skip a full three days of school work. So at the very least we'll practice reading and math and I'll probably toture my girl with some writing as well. But speaking of math, she's a whiz. Takes after her daddy. And LOVES addition and subraction. We play this super fun game where I shout out math problems from across the room while I nurse Silas and she writes them on the white board and solves them. Or I whisper them in Ava's ear and Ava tells her the equation, which is sometimes very funny.
Then when we get back we'll only have a few weeks until I have to plan Silas' first birthday party. I can't even get used to saying that. Baby boy is almost one. Resume breathing. The yard is coming along swimmingly. Will try and post a few pics of our completed wall when I get back. Hopefully we'll have a beautiful backyard birthday party.
Enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment