Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Morning

Happy Friday Morning! It felt like this day would never come! I don't know what it is but as the weather warms up, my children's voices get louder and they get needier. It was a tiring week for this mama.

And I think it's official, we have a Momma's boy in this house. Silas has entered the "I only want my Mommy" phase. He'll let Andrew hold him briefly, then nearly dives back into my arms.

He's nearly 11 months old. Sigh. How did it go so fast? He's my most attached kid. The girls, at 11 months, were not nursing nearly as often as Silas does and were all about their independence. When we play on the floor Silas will do his thing for a few minutes, then crawl over to me for a snuggle, then go back to playing. Repeat every 10 minutes or so. And if I've walked away, he comes to find me.

Yesterday was interesting. I thought I was dying, or had appendicitis, for about two and a half hours in the afternoon. I was about to call Andrew and drag him out of a meeting to come home early because I couldn't stand up straight, walk or pick up the baby, I was in so much pain. Turns out....it was just cramps. Those cramps. Wouldn't that have been pathetic if I'd taken myself to urgent care like I was planning in my head? Seriously, don't every try to diagnose yourself via the internet. Bad idea.

Okay, I'm posting a video below of Silas walking, pushing the girls' baby stroller. He hasn't taken any steps on his own but loves pushing this stroller. When Ava Joy's playing with it he will follow her around until she leaves it unattended, then pull himself up and walk around pushing it. Warning: the video is sideways and was taken with my cell phone: poor quality. But I still think it's cute!



3 comments:

  1. Can we please get together already???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the cramps. They can really hurt.

    And I can't believe he is 11 months old either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love him walking with the stroller!!

    ReplyDelete