Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Morning: Backyard Edition

I dont' think I've ever told you about the death trap that is our back yard. Well, we're having work done to remedy this, but until it's finished, it's even more of a death trap. So watch your step!



Will become....

The plan is to raise up a current retaining wall about 3 feet, then put a 4 foot rod iron fence on top of that, plan trees in the pit of doom for privacy, tear out all the existing sprinklers and grass and re-sprinkler and re-sod/landscape the yard. My husband will be doing the sprinkler/sod/landscape part himself. Oh, and the girls want a garden. I'm praying this is all done for Silas' birthday party mid-April. In the mean time...the girls can't play outback (unless very closely supervised), the dog has to be inside while people are out there working and our weekends are full for the next 5 weeks. But the end result will be worth it!

Hence the quiet on my blog the last week or so. If you're dying to know how much 84 feet of rod iron fencing costs, ask me. If you want to know the prices of stone veneers (or what stone veneers even are...) ask me. If you want to know how much it costs for a cement truck to come to your house, ask me. That's about all I'm good for these days.

Okay, it's 7:13 and the monkeys should be out any second so I've gotta wrap this up!
Keep the west coast in your prayers today, Hawaii too, as we're under tsunami watch/warning because of the massive earthquake in Japan (pray for them too, the pictures of devastation are just horrendous). We're pretty far inland, so not really concerned for us, but it's a scary thing anyways.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. It is going to look SO good! Can't wait to see the after pics.

    ReplyDelete