I've been nursing a lovely case of mastitis this week (pun totally intended!). If you've never had it, you definetly never want it. It's miserable. And my sweetest Silas has weaned himself from 6-8 feedings daily, down to 3-4 feedings daily. And gotten two molars. Which means he has 10 teeth, at 1 year of age. My toothiest baby ever.
So now that I've gotten a few days of antibiotics in me I feel human. Just in time for....walking! Yes, we have a walker! Two days from his first birthday and he's walking. Where did the last year go?? (Pretend you hear me wailing this phrase and you can imagine what my husband's been hearing the last month!)
I wanted him to stay little forever, but I have to admit all these new phases, with a boy, is interesting to say the least. Boys and girls are SO DIFFERENT. Even at this age. Silas finds things to get into, to onto, or under that the girls never ever would have. I cannot turn my back for a second when he's on the loose, or it's chaos. Take this afternoon, I decided to bleach the grout on my kitchen counter. He was in the kitchen with me, rummaging through a few cupboards and even those 5 minutes it took to spread the bleachy goo was enough time to empty out tupperware, drag it all through the house and climb into a basket of fabric I had in the office. Five minutes!!
So the little man's birthday is on Monday. No party planned yet, I'm waiting for our backyard to be done. I think we'll just have a quiet day at home, maybe pretend I don't see him making mischief and let him have a little extra fun.

Enjoy all these precious moments when they're little. So sorry about the mastistis. That really stinks. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSo out of all our kids I think that Silas' first year has gone by the fastest by far. I just can't believe it! And 10 teeth?! He is an overachiever! Neither of my boys even had 1 tooth by age 1.
ReplyDeleteBoys are so much fun even if they do get into everything!!
Oh man! Mastitis SUCK!! But I loved your pun! :) Smiling thinking about your sweet and adventuresome boy! Have a great week!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have been sick. I had that only one time and that was one time too many. Painful...
ReplyDeleteYour family is just beautiful and Silas is adorable. Walking? How can that be?
Mastitis! Ugh, I'm so sorry!! That's awful. :( Praying it clears soon and the pain subsides. Happy Birthday to Silas!! Have a fun day with him. Hope to visit with you guys soon. Love and hugs to you all.
ReplyDelete