Silas is now a one year old. And cuter than ever, I might add. He's walking up a storm, most days taking only one nap, still waking at night to nurse, talking so much and eating mostly big people food. I made lasagna on his birthday and he ate three bowls full. Then taco soup the next night (which is mostly all vegtables) and he loves that too! And last night shredded chicken with salsa and the kid couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough! I love that we're figuring out this food thing, it stresses me out to have a picky eater!
And he loved his birthday cupcake as well. This little one has been such a joy in our lives and we're so grateful for him, he just adds so much to our family.
The age three was rougher in our house than the age of two with Chloe. I remember a couple of weeks ago commenting to Andrew about how Ava hasn't really had a tough third year, behavior-wise. I ate my words this week. The girl has discovered her own will and voice and learned how to use it. Having been through this before I can keep my cool a lot better and laugh at some of her antics, whereas with Chloe I thought I'd failed as a parent and we were all headed to the fiery pit! My favorite moment with Ava this week was her screaming at me "I will NEVER eat my breakfast again! Never! Never! Never" and then five minutes later she proceeded to devour her Honey Nut Cheerios with a smile.
And my Chloe girl. Sometimes it scares me how alike we are. She's been asking lately if she's going to look just like me when she gets big. I remember asking my mom the same thing! Chloe-girl has gotten a few freckles recently and she is just thrilled. And everyday she prays and asks Jesus to give her a loose tooth. Poor thing, all of her friends have lost a tooth except for her. My husband took the girls to the library this week and let them choose books, but he didn't look very closely at what they picked. I guess he figured anything in the children's section is fine. Well, Chloe saw a book with the word lemonade in the title and grabbed it. She is just begging me to let her set up a lemonade stand. The book is about a little girl who is tired all the time and ends up having leukemia and losing her hair. My husband didn't notice the pictures on the cover of little girls in frilly dresses and scarves covering their bald heads. It doesn't freak me out to read this to her, but what I'm just bracing myself for is the drama that will ensue when she herself feels tired and is convinced she has leukemia as well. The girl is all about the drama. I just know it will happen within days of reading this book.
We had most of our fencing put up yesterday (our backyard still has a long way to go!). I say most of the fencing because the guys mismeasured the area one panel was supposed to go and therefore made that fence panel too short. Those kinds of things make me crazy. And frustrated. And angry. Here I am paying you a ton of money to do this and you mess up! So they have to re-do that panel. I can't even enjoy whats alredy done because I just see that huge empty space of missing panel!!! Honestly, it's a good thing they're dealing with my even-tempered husband because I probably would have lost it yesterday when this went down. It's been nothing but delays with this fence and I'm over it. So Monday, hopefully, it will be completed (I'm not holding my breath) and I can post a picture next week. Whew! Just needed to vent!
Hope you enjoy your day and weekend! We're supposed to be in the 80s so I'm thinking some sprinkler time is in order! Have a great day!




Three is harder for me than two ever was. But four, oh four is a joy (so far anyway). I hope I didn't just jinx myself :).
ReplyDeleteI love to read about and see Mommys loving their kiddos and the time they have with me. The cupcake picture is so sweet.
One child for me turned oh so lovely at 5 and another didn't get difficult until 5!
ReplyDeleteI love the line about being calmer with the second child rather than thinking you were all going to the fiery pit because you did something wrong! I so get that!!
And I am that child that would read the leukemia book and then think I was the one with it!! I get that, too.