And these two. Just looking at this picture brings tears to my eyes. They've known each other since birth, talk on the phone whenever their mama and I get a few minutes to chat. They've gone from bitty babies, to toddlers, to this, sweet kids holding hands and walking through California Adventure. We may or may not have already set up their arranged marriage. This may or may not end up as a wedding invitation photo. I may or may not have told Chloe to marry Josh because he loves Jesus and his mommy always has fruit snacks in her house, and she may or may not have agreed.
Our kids and April's kids. Ages 5, 4, 2, and three. Where does the time go??
Another school year, come and gone. My girl, already telling people she's in first grade. My Ava Joy, getting excited to attend preschool where Chloe went, finally feeling like something is her own. It's like I blinked and have these three....kids. Not babies, but kids. I am going to savor every second of this delicious summer, I have to. Because I know I'll blink again and it's over. They'll be grown even more and needing me less. It's all the seasons, you now? We wish them away so easily, wishing for things to be easier, less stressful. Wishing for more sleep. But then the wishes come true and they need you less and want their independence. So I'm going to enjoy this day, now.



No comments:
Post a Comment