You ever had one of those weeks where you just felt "off" all week? Nothing really upsetting going on, or particularly stressful, but you're just in a funk? Yeah....me neither. Wait, just kidding. That was my whole week. I don't know what it was, but I feel better today. I think the yummy margarita that I sipped with my girlfriend who lives next door put me back in place yesterday afternoon.
So I had the following conversation with Chloe last night at Lowe's (which might as well be our second home given the amount of time and money we've spent there in the last year...):
Chloe: "So what's this Mother's Day thing all about?"
Me: "It's showing Mommy how much you appreciate her for all the things I do for you and Ava and Silas."
Me: "It's showing Mommy how much you appreciate her for all the things I do for you and Ava and Silas."
Chloe: "Oh, well, why would we do that?? We don't have to do that, right?"
Me: "Chloe! What do you mean you don't have to do that? It's Mother's Day!"
Chloe: "You tell me! What do I mean??"
I could not control the laughter. She then added "You appreciate this, right??" The kid astounds me sometimes.
So this week I got my Mother's Day gift a little early!
Hydrangea
Lavender
Marigolds (or as Chloe calls them Mary-golds)
This week we were reading "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" so of course we had to plant stuff. Here's my attempt at growing stuff. Other than a baby. In the clay pots we planted oregano, cilantro and rosemary. Then the cilantro pot got kicked over. So who knows if that will still grow? In the mason jars we're growing wheat grass. I though it would be pretty and the girls would like to trim it. Always the practical gardener right??
Then yesterday the girls had a "Peter Rabbit lunch". Bread, milk and berries. They loved it.
Today my house needs my attention. Apparently, all week while I was in my funk I decided that letting my house turn into a house that could be on "Hoarders" was a great idea. It pains me.
Happy Friday!





I had to unbury myself out of my house yesterday. I was in a terrible PMS funk, along with some other things that were going on, and it was so hard to even get the basics done. Lots of them didn't get done, but yesterday lots got done.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so pretty. We are planting our garden today. So I will be wiped out tonight, but it is worth it.
Hope you can have a restful day tomorrow!