Yesterday might have been the most perfect day at Disneyland. Usually when we go I brace myself for the tantrums, chaos, crowds and a certain amount of tolerable whining. It's just what you get at Disneyland with three small children.
(forgive the blur, these are both from my phone, left the camera in the car accidently)
So the weather was gorgeous, not scorching as I had planned. It wasn't incredibly crowded. The kids all slept in the car on the way there, even Chloe. So we get there and decide the hit up California Adventure first, hoping the line for the new Little Mermaid ride isn't days long. Well, it wasn't, it was shut down and had been for half an hour already. We decided to hover for a few minutes, and through a window my husband saw that it was moving inside. So I take the girls into a shop to look around while we wait and we weren't even in there two minutes when Andrew sticks his head in and tries to tell me, discreetly, the ride is open. Needless to say, the giftshop emptied and there was a rush for the ride, thankfully we were at the head of that crowd. We walked right on and it was a beautiful ride and we all loved it!
We sat and waiting for the parade for an hour and the kids did amazingly. They were all in great moods, Silas charmed everyone around us of course. Chloe debated over whether or not Ariel is real, and Ava was just silly and goofy and dancing to the music.
I love the magic of Disneyland. It is amazing. Almost every person that works there is super friendly, and sweet and goes out of their way to make kids feel special. Even the gate attendants greet my girls by name (by looking at their passes) and call them princess. I love that Chloe thinks the animals on the Jungle Cruise are real. I love that Ava asks me to protect her on Pirates of the Caribbean, even though its her favorite ride these days. I love how friendly people are, chatting us up in line about our kids and telling us to treasure these memories.
It's definetly a splurge for us to have these annual passes. Sometimes I question it, but I keep reminding myself of these amazing memories we're making for our kids. Does the magic wear off because we're there once a month? No way. We notice new things, and have so much fun and I just treasure these days.

No comments:
Post a Comment