Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our 4th of July

We spent the 4th of July in town, like we never do. My husband was super bummed (we all were) that we didn't make the trek up to his parents' house where we usually celebrate. He LOVES fireworks and they are legal up north where his parents are, down here, not so much. We still had such a fun day! We hung out at home, had a water balloon fight with the girls, swam in our kiddie pool and went to a local park to watch a fireworks show. Loved it.

I started off the morning making the girls each a hair bow. They were super easy, and fun. Yay for completed projects!!


She doesn't love to take pictures or anything.


Trying to get all three together for a picture. Not sure why Silas looks so scared...


Again, trying to get all three to take a picture is like herding cats.


Outside for our water balloon fight. Parents vs. kids. Don't judge me, but it was fun to throw them at my children. Makes up for all the early morning wake ups.


They LOVED it.


My 4th of July cake! Got the darling little banner from one of my new fave sites Pick Your Plum.


I used food coloring gel instead of regular food coloring and I was so bummed at how the inside turned out. I was hoping for bright, vibrant red and blue. My husband, on the other hand, loved the inside....since I used an entire can of frosting on the middle layer.


Our toes in the pool. So glad my children have the ability to tan....



2 comments:

  1. Hey, its the taste that matters :) I love your girls jumpers and hair bows. And painted toenails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bows, what a great idea! I'm going to have to make one of those for my daughter next year. Thank you for sharing your link with me. :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete