So how do you turn the morning around??
I pray a lot, first off. I hate that its such little annoyances that bring me to my knees to quickly, but these days, that's the way it is.
The kids all got dressed, hair brushed and teeth brushed. Even though I haven't yet showered, they look presentable.
We went for a walk. A long one. I pretended to be a good mommy, answering their 857 questions, even though I didn't really feel like it. Guess what? Faking it truly helps.
I spoiled them, even though they didn't deserve it. I gave them each a cookie and let the girls eat lunch on the front porch, one of their favorite things.
I ignored the sink full of dishes, even though it was screaming at me. Instead I read the kids a book. Back to the faking it thing....
I had a few cookies myself, this really helped.
And by this point the baby was napping, I did the dishes and we're all fed lunch. Guess what? I'm not so grouchy anymore and there was no yelling or crying, by me or them. Good day.
Love this:
Hehe... Reading your blog makes me happy and... normal :0) Thanks
ReplyDelete