Wednesday, July 20, 2011

(untitled)

I have so much to say about the last week and a half but don't have the energy to pour out my words gracefully yet...so it will have to wait and instead you get pictures. Pictures of my babies. The three small people that depend on me for so much, inspire me daily, drive me crazy and make me want to be a better mom, and love Jesus harder each moment I have.

She is my silly one. She loves her baby dolls. She is three, which means no self control yet and everything she feels, well, she really feels it. She wants to be five like her sister. She wants to be a baby like her brother. She's in the middle and has such a precious spot in my heart.


This little guy is giving us a run for our money in the discipline department...all of a sudden he is this toddler that has to be trained to listen and obey Mama but really all he wants to do is laugh and smile and get into mischief. 

And to whomever told this girl to grow up quick and get long legs and an independent spirit, well we need some words together. I cling to this girl. She's so helpful, my rock, my thoughtful one. My sacrificing one. She would give up anyting for her brother and sister. She's incredibly compassionate and so inquisitive all the time. I forget that she's only five. I think she's wise beyond her years at times.


How do you even know, before children, that you will live for them daily and lay down your life for them if you needed to and give them the last cookie even though you really want it, without even a second thought? How do you prepare yourself for this? How do you even decide what kind of parent you want to be? You kinda just jump in and pray for the best. Seek out wisdom from other parents, and pray for grace beyond grace daily.

Some parenting posts that strike a chord today...


1 comment:

  1. I really like you. I really love your pictures. Really, really love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete