Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Eve

Today is Ava Joy's last day of being three.

She is beyond excited that tomorrow is her birthday! Last night Chloe and I went birthday shopping for my littlest girl and we had so much fun. We have a fun day at Disneyland planned for tomorrow, Ava picked her birthday breakfast (blueberries, cinnamon rolls and orange juice) and Andrew and I will decorate the house tonight after she goes to bed.

When each of my kids has a birthday I feel like it's more of a celebration for me than for them. Celebrating God's faithfulness in my life, celebrating and remembering their birth, and celebrating all the things we went through with that child in the last year (milestones etc.). Three is always a tough age in our house, Ava was no exception, so I'm really excited to see what four holds for my sweet girl.


Friday we'll celebrate with a couple of friends and a pirate birthday cake (no piggie cupcakes this year! Mama was so sad...)

On a homeschooling note....don't be creeped out if you come over and find this:


It's just our 3 foot tall magnetic skeleton. It's actually the other side of him, the side that shows the veins and muscles, that's really creepy. Just another day of 1st grade, right??

2 comments:

  1. OH man Chloe is a girl after my own heart!!! I love me some SCIENCE!! Maybe she will be a Bio major and go to med school, do some really cool research, discover cures...oh the list goes on. You go girl teaching her all that science! Love it!

    Happy Birthday AVA!!!! Have so, so much fun at D-land! Can't wait to hear about the birthday adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday AVA! It sounds like you all have a really good and fun day planned.

    ReplyDelete