Monday, August 1, 2011

I Like Chocolate and Carbs (yummy recipe!)

After a long, exhausting day baking is theraputic to this Mama's soul. Especially things with chocolate. And carbs. Seriously, what else is there in life??

So I thought I'd share my fave recipe for chocolate chip banana bread, since I just made some, and it's smelling de-lish-us!

Okay, here you go!

Preheat your oven to 350...

You will need:

1 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup (about three whole) mashed bananas

Mix your flour, baking powder and salt together. In another bowl combine the sugar, eggs and butter until fluffy. Then add in your bananas and mix in (side note: did you know that when your bananas start to look sad and brown on your counter you can freeze them and they turn black, then when you're ready to make banana bread just take them out a couple hours in advance and you can use them!?! Seriously, I have probaby 10 black bananas in my freezer!).

Add dry ingredients and stir until smooth. This is where I added in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour your batter in a greased 9x5 pan, bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.


(I realize this isn't the typical, glamorous, food picture you see on most blogs. Truth be told, my family ate half the loaf before I could take a picture. Then they were getting grabby even as I was taking the picture. I'm lucky I still have fingers.)


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment