Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Morning

Fall has arrived! (Too bad we're still in the 90s!) But I am in love with fall. Seriously. There are not enough fall crafts in this world for me, they are all so lovely and homey! I'm longing for a crisp evening so I can turn on our fake fireplace, put on my favorite sweats, watch "You've Got Mail" and craft away. Is that the best evening ever or what?!
If you're not into Pinterest, I'm telling you, you're missing out. Oh, the inspiration! I'm truly addicted. I literally get butterflies when I click on the pinterest link in my tool bar, I'm so excited to see what awaits me! If you want an invite to join email me talesofasoccermom (at) gmail dot com. I have a Pinterest button right underneath my followers box on the right side of the screen.

In real life we're chugging along with our homeschool curriculum Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. I love how easy it is to follow, how the lessons are clearly laid out and we're loving the books that go with it. We're going a bit slower than I had hoped, but Chloe's really retaining the information and we're loving the Bible memorization and poem memorization especially.

I did get a few pics of my little ones the other day...no bribes needed!





We've seen a huge growth in maturity in Ava Joy since she's been in preschool. Huge. She's sweeter, and more patient. Yesterday while I was doing school with Chloe my Ava girl decided she wanted to learn how to read. I'd been sensing that she was ready for a while but didn't want to push her. I'm convinced she's ready only because she sees her big sister doing school and has listened in on a years worth of reading lessons. So we started with cat, hat, bat, fat and mat. She made each letter sound, then put them all together and read each word! I taught her the sight word 'the' and she read the sentence "The fat cat sat." on her own. I was so proud of her, but not nearly as proud as she was of herself.

Okay, gotta hurry this up....apple picking this weekend, Silas is a ham for the camera, he's obsessed with his matchbox cars and carries them around in his little fists, he LOVES his bottle and I have a feeling when the time comes to get rid of it it will not be very easy, Husband turned 30 on wednesday and now I have a lemon cake staring at me every morning on the counter (yum) and I'm so excited it's fall! Happy Weekend! Off to get my little man out of bed and feed the monkeys breakfast!







3 comments:

  1. Love that he is carrying around his cars! Makes me happy that I gave you a smidge of inspiration to get some... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I love the first picture of Silas. He is just adorable.

    I wish we lived closer and I would come over and visit you on your fall evening. Sounds wonderful to me. Except I'm not very crafty. I would look at yours and exclaim encouraging things about them though.

    I am refusing to get on Pinterest right now. I know I will get sucked in and it is hard enough for me to try to balance my computer time as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I steal Silas for a few days... or longer? Oh how I miss that sweet little boy age! Enjoy it!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete