Today my smallest girl started preschool (yes, we're a homeschooling family, but I send my kid to preschool...long story) and my mama-heart ached this morning, missing her. I did have three pretty peaceful hours at home with the other two and got a ton done, but I missed my Ava-girl somethin' fierce.
Chloe's Heart of Dakota curriculum arrived yesterday and so we started this morning. Love. It. So simple, planned out so well. It'll take a few weeks to get our routine down, I'm hoping to do 5 days of work in just three days (when Ava's at school) and after flipping through the lesson plans it looks do-able for the first few months at least.
Chloe starts Daisy's today as well....why am I starting to feel like a taxi driver? Oh, wait, it's soccer mom syndrome! Living out of my SUV...snacks that live in the car permanently....more shoes in the car than in the house....an zillions of miles logged truckin' my kids to and from activities! Woohoo!! All we need now is a mini-van and some cleats! (We substitute with Daisy uniforms, dance shoes and food crusted carseats.)
A quick pic of my girl this morning...she was so excited! She took her Sully (from Monsters Inc.) for share today and loved her lunchbox (complete with a note from me and a note from Chloe inside to make her feel special!).

Aww, she looks adorable in her little cupcake shirt. Yep, the new normal always takes some adjustment time for everyone. I bet you are going to love Heart Of Dakota. My niece does and I am thinking about starting James in it over the next year or so. Right now he is just learning his letters and sounds, and beginning math. And we are reading lots of books. He loves the body books so we get lots of those from the library. Lately he has been interested in the seasons and plants too.
ReplyDelete