Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Morning- Sort of.

It feels like morning, but it's not, it 12:09 and I'm just now sitting down. We're done with homeschool for the day. Love me some easy to follow lesson plans. Preschool drop off didn't go as well for Miss Ava today. She cried. A lot. Didn't want me to leave. Held onto my leg. I had to pry her off and leave her crying. I hate, hate, hate that. This was my worst fear, realized.

This child has some seperation issues. She cried any time either of us (mostly me) leaves the house. She cried when Daddy goes to work in the morning and is now starting to really have fits about Daddy going to work. We saw this last night, big time. She's been doing better about drop off in her class at church. I don't even know what to do.

I try and reassure her that Mommy/Daddy will be back, but it doesn't really help much.

I want to understand what's so upsetting about one of us leaving, but I don't get it. Maybe it's the age? Chloe never went through this, but those two girls are as different as night and day.

Silas is now into cars. He spent an hour the other day at a friends house playing with their cars and trains. Sadly, until yesterday, this house of pink did not own a single Matchbox car.

Yesterday Hubs took Ava to the dentist and then to Target after to pick out a treat for a good dentist visit. (She had her first filling and still has no clue what happened. We're keeping it that way and just rewarding her for following directions at the dentist.) He let her pick out something special and she picked out a Taylor Swift cd. So proud of my girl.

(Side note: my kids are inadvertently being introduced to pop culture. I called Andrew over to Silas' high chair yesterday to see Silas' hair, which I had brushed forward. I told Andrew he looked like Justin Bieber, to which Chloe replied: "Who's Justin Beaver?" Love. She does recognize one of his songs though because the trainers dance to it at a Sea World show we like.)

Anyways. Taylor Swift. I'm a big fan, I'm not horrified to let my girls see her album cover or hear her music. So they are big fans now as well. And it gives me peaceful, quiet car rides as they're mesmorized by her voice. Ava likes her because she has curly hair. Chloe likes her because she has blonde hair and wears dresses and plays instruments.

I got so sidetracked...when Hubs had Ava in Target I called him and asked him to get a few cars for Silas. He had to get out of line to get them and I was apologizing and he reassured me that it was good for them to step out of line. I guess there was a woman with very short hair in front of them and Ava, very loudly, asked Andrew "Is that person a boy or a girl? Because I just can't tell!! Which is it Daddy?". Lovely.

I have bribed Chloe with $20 or a Target-version American Girl doll if she can do the splits by Halloween. The girl is extremely un-flexible and I'm trying to "encourage" her to stretch every day. Learning the splits is part of her jazz class right now and Chloe's got a way to go. I figure she's young so she has the capacity to be bendy. Unlike me. It takes practice, but she'd rather eat cookies and watch tv. Wait, maybe that's me....

Off to go get my girl from school....hoping her day got a ton better!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment