Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This & That

I'm sitting cozy in my bed with the cutest four year old ever next to me. She watches Miss Spider. I browse The Blogs. She just asked me to put on the weather channel after Miss Spider to check the weather for the day. Atta girl!
Up date on my "Keepin' it Real" rant: I'm 5lbs down from December 19! That's the progress I was needing to see, just to make sure all these nights of skipping dessert weren't a complete waste. My goal is 5lbs a month, so I'm right on track.

I've been wanting to update my homeschool section of this blog with how we're doing, activites we've done with our HOD curriculum but it just hasn't happened. A few weeks ago I had the chance to share our homeschool journey with a few moms who are considering homeschooling and it was the biggest blessing to me. I had to really sit down and examine our reasons for choosing this for our family and it was great to be reminded of all that the Lord has done in this area. I started writing it all out, and it's not complete but I'm going to post it on that homeschool page. I hope it can be an encouragement to someone else!

We have a busy week this week, my husband has an especially busy day today. We probably won't see him again until after dark this evening. He works so hard. It exhausts me just thinking about it! I have a few projects to post pictures of including the dresser I just refinished for my bedroom! This whole furniture re-finishing thing has become something I love. Taking something not so pretty and stripping it and painting/staining it...it's just been very therapeutic for me. And finally a piece of furniture that gets to go in my bedroom! I feel like such a grown up with such a pretty dresser!

Have a gread day bloggy friends!

1 comment:

  1. 5 lbs! That's great Lisa. Its always good to see progress.

    And yes, we should be thankful all the time for hubbies who work so hard for us. I need to be reminded to thank mine on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete