We had a fun day complete with donuts, a trip to the garden center to get seeds for our summer garden, a stroll around target, a nice afternoon nap (for him) and an evening spent at a jump house open play. He had a blast. While I was changing him into jammies last night I asked him how old he was and he shouted "Two!" and held up a fist. Then I asked what he did on his birthday and he said "Jump!". It was beyond precious. We gifted him with some boy toys: a racetrack for his hot wheels and an adorable lawnmower toy and the girls gave him a little motorcycle that drives and makes loud noises and he was thrilled. Man, I love that kid. He gave his momma kisses all day yesterday, and Hubs kept trying to teach him to say "Thank you for birthing me Mommy!".
I felt so blessed all day, watching my sweet little family spend time together celebrating Silas. I'm reminded over and over that these days are so precious and fleeting. Watching Ava dote on her baby brother, and him play with her adoringly and Chloe be the leader and take charge of my little brood...just made everything seem so right.
No comments:
Post a Comment