They had a great day, and I'm so thankful! They both love their teachers and Ava, especially, feels very connected to hers. Her teacher told me today that she was the sweetest thing, which she is, most of the time! Chloe was in a class with 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders and wasn't overhwhelmed at all by all the big kids. She did, however, get lost on her way back from the restroom and was relieved when another teacher found her and brought her back to her class. She told us all about how her teacher's husband shot his foot off and now has a prosthetic foot that he turns all the way around to freak kids out. Great first day of school information!
I missed my girls like crazy. If it wasn't so stressful and chaotic dropping them off this morning I would have cried. Silas and I weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves, so we went and got donuts then enjoyed some laundry folding, dishes and Blue's Clues. I'm glad they have this opportunity to go once a week and be in a classroom setting, but I'm so so thankful that the Lord has called us to homeschool! I love being the girls' teacher!
More on our first homeschool day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment