Monday, December 3, 2012

Nearing the End...

I soaked up November. Hence the silence on my blog. My only November regret is not eating more at Thanksgiving. I'm craving turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy like CRAZY! And I only at two pieces of pumpkin pie, it's practically a crime. I should probably just make one for myself (let's be realistic: I will buy one!).

We're nearing the end of this pregnancy and I have such mixed feelings about that. Not that I will miss being pregnant, but knowing (with 99.9% certainty) that this is my last baby is making me a bit sad. Some (crazy) moments I think well, we're already going to have 4, what's really the difference between having 5 or 6?! (Shhh...don't tell my husband I said that!) No, for reals, I'm nervous about making the jump to four. It may be all the craziness flowing through my body, it may be the time of year, it may be the ever pressing need to get ahead with our school work, but sometimes I look at my three loud, crazy children and wonder how I'll ever manage a fourth and not lose my mind. But the moments where I tear up and realize how insanely blessed we are outweigh the crazy and then I want twenty babies! (Seriously, don't tell my husband.)

I may be on here often ranting about the last few weeks of pregnancy and all that goes with that, or I may be silent, enjoying the last few weeks as a family of five. My kids are so excited to meet their new brother, and I'm so looking forward to seeing this little one's face! Chloe thinks he'll have dark hair, eyes and skin like Ava and Ava thinks he'll be blond and fair like Chloe and Silas. It's crazy to me how different my three kids look from each other!!

Happy December and all that goes with it!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you have been doing. You are right-just soak it all in. Sit and soak in the wonderful hot tub of crazy emotions and let your children enjoy the anticipation. Right now Lisa-you are in the midst of the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my cousin has 8 kids, and she said after 3 it was easy. ;-) haha. But I am totally with ya! I am so nervous about adding #3 to the mix!

    ReplyDelete