Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November

November might be my favorite month of the year. I love February too, but November is more delicious than February. I love all things fall, it actually cools down a bit in November, my girl's birthday is in November, plus the yumminess that is Thanksgiving. It's just good.

I have to say, last night, watching the presidential election results announced at 9:00pm, before polls even closed on the west coast, was a little off putting to my November joy. I get the electoral college and all but really, I voted an hour earlier, we all know my vote did not make a difference. It is just frustrating. That will be the end of all things political posted on this blog.

Okay, not yet. I'm really excited to not read everyone's political opinions via Facebook anymore either. I think it's incredibly obnoxious. Nobody's mind is changed because of your Facebook political rant. You just make me want to block you. I did enjoy the ecard cartoon that said "Happy End of Political Commercials Eve". That was good.

I'm striving to enjoy November thoroughly and not wish it away to get to this baby's due date faster. And there's the Christmas shopping and birthday shopping that must be completed as well. Yes, November can take it's sweet time. Our soccer season is ending this weekend and though I'm ready to have lazy Saturday mornings again, I'll miss the fun and excitement of watching my girls play. One of my girls took to this game like a duck to water, the other is asking to be put back in dance class. Can you guess which one that is?

I'm in full nesting mode. In fact, my house makes my skin crawl right now. But I was so overwhelmed with my to-do list that I sat down to compose this blog. Procrastination at it's finest!

Here's a little sneaky peek at recent pics I did of our kids. It was my most successful session with my own kids to date! Maybe they're getting better at this, or maybe I am (wouldn't that be great!?), or maybe it was the dum dums I promised them if they cooperated. Who knows?


See? Small miracle. All three, looking at the camera at the same time, and smiling. And no, it's not a composite! Woohoo! I count this as victory. And....I have more than one pose where they're cooperating like this! I've arrived! Other people's kids are easy, I act goofy, make them laugh, bingo! My kids are used to my antics and I am not very funny to them anymore. This made me happy. The only negative is that in two months there will be another baby and this picture will already be outdated. Sigh. 

Okay, so I have a small problem with my sweet son. You see, he's so sweet and cute and my only boy right now and he is just so much fun. I have a hard time telling him no. My husband scolds me daily. And I, in turn,  tell Silas yes more often. I wake up each morning vowing to be firm and consistent with him and by 9:36 (right now) I've caved. I can't do it. He's so sweet when he says "but I miss you too much!" when I tell him it's bedtime. So I let him stay up. Or when he begs to "nuggle me my bed" when he's supposed to put his toys away or take a nap. Or when he says "but I so vewy vewy hungwy!" after I've told him no more snacks.   It's really a lost cause. 

Okay, enough rambling. Go eat something flavored with pumpkin and enjoy this November day!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the November thing, and the political thing. Yay for fall, pumpkin spice everything, and a facebook free of political rants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this picture! Is Silas going to be a red head or is that the sun? I say give in to his cuteness for another month until little brother comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-Hoo! on getting them all looking at the camera and smiling. I sooooo wish you were closer so you could do my kid's Christmas pics.

    ReplyDelete