Life goes on. While I'm celebrating this new amazing baby, a dear dear friend is suffering from cancer. It breaks my heart every time I think of him, lifting him in prayer constantly. I hold my son, evidence that God is a miraculous, loving God, then think about this friend and beg Him for mercy upon his life. It's bittersweet, every day. I will always look back on these early months in Shepherd's life with this memory of how real God is, how real His love is.
Life goes on. With four small children the noise level, the number of demands on my time, the amount of laundry....these all exceed my expectations. But the sweetness, I can't even describe. All the children crowded on my bed each night to pray together and say good night and talk about our day and attempt to play Wheel of Fortune along with the tv....it's so sweet.
Going anywhere is a major production. I forgot how hard it is to leave the house with a newborn. We had moved beyond the days of strollers and diaper bags! Now we're back, in full force. Driving with three little people wanting to ask a thousand questions along with a crying baby, hungry and tired from an afternoon out...it exhausts me. Then once we're home the sweetness takes over as the girls get their brother a snack, play legos with him and baby nurses himself into a milk coma and snuggly nap on mama.
We're still working out the kinks in this life as a family of six, somedays better than others. But I never expected to feel the amount of love I feel for these four little lives God's entrusted to me. My heart overflows.
No comments:
Post a Comment