Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another Diet Coke, Please

These days it seems pretty taboo to proclaim one's love for Diet Coke. At least once a day someone posts one of those links on Facebook sharing about how drinking diet Coke turns your insides to sludge, kills off brain cells, gives you cancer, etc. I don't know what they say exactly, because I don't read them. I get it. It's bad for me. Along with Oreos. And red meat. And about 400 other things I like to eat.

Okay, enough. I like my diet Coke, I drink a couple a day usually, it gets me through some long, rough afternoons/evenings....sometimes even mornings. Go ahead, judge me. Then come over and hang out with me 8 week old baby at 3am when he wants to party, feel free to do 40 very painful minutes of second grade math with my 7 year old. Please, while you're at it, potty train my two year old, get my 5 year old to stop biting her nails and clean up the dog poop too. That diet Coke is a ray of toxic sunshine on some days...gets me through the rough patches.

And if that's horrible, so be it. End of rant.

Cute pictures now:


Sweet Shepherd, you had your two month check up yesterday. You weigh 14.6lbs, you are 24.5in long and you are happy and healthy. You sleep 6-7 hr stretches at night and currently do not enjoy naps during the day unless I hold you. Or wear you. Like I'm doing right now. You wear size 2 diapers, but mostly cloth diapers that you flood after about an hour and a half. Your siblings absolutely adore you. You are very vocal and have excellent head control. You love your mama best right now, my favorite is when I pick you up and you bury your face in my neck. We are so thankful for you sweet boy!



2 comments:

  1. I won't judge your diet coke addiction if you won't judge my double stuffed Oreo and wine addiction.
    Shepherd, you are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely no judgement here says the woman who was drinking 5-6 Mt Dews A DAY at one point in her life. Not to say that it wasn't a bad choice, but no judgement here.

    ReplyDelete