Tuesday, May 28, 2013

These Girls of Mine...

Today is my girls' last day of their Tuesday classes at their charter school...and I am relieved. Every Tuesday I felt anxious. Dropping them off was misery. They missed me, I missed them. Sure, having half the number of kids for 4 hrs was nice, but I felt so uneasy letting them go, even though I'd prayed about sending them and felt like it was where God wanted them to be.



I never really worried about my Ava, though she is younger and this was her first "school" experience. She is sure of herself and and what she wants and isn't easily upset by other kids. She is fine making friends, and fine being alone.

My big girl, she's the sensitive one. Full of compassion, lover of life and desires to be everyone's friend. She easily gets her feelings hurt. After a bullying incident at the beginning of this year I was ready to keep her home forever. But she's learned that not everyone is going to be nice, and we don't have to let them pick on us. We can love them from afar and pray for them, but not be a victim. It was a HARD lesson that gave me so much anxiety for my sweet girl.

So after I dropped them off this morning I sighed a sigh of relief. Our last morning like this for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment