So, let's start new. I'm Lisa. Mom of FOUR littles. Ages 8,7,4 and 1. We homeschool and that pretty much consumes my days. Fourth grade is no joke, people. My littlest, my boys, are a breath of fresh air. They just play and get into mischief. Some days I appreciate this. Other days it drives me crazy, the mischief. My girls are growing up too fast. They're like these little humans with thoughts and opinions of their own! They are so smart, and capable and still so needy. I love connecting with them through school and random moments throughout our day. I'm curious to see who they are becoming.
I started this blog knowing one day I'd bee a soccer mom. And I was. For a while. I've also been a softball mom. And a dance mom. I'm currently a dance mom. But not THAT kind of dance mom.
My oldest daughter is 8 going on 18. She can be so mature and thoughtful and fun and sweet. And she is SO MUCH LIKE ME. I see the things in myself that I don't love coming out in her and vow to keep those things in check (in myself) so she turns out better. She's amazing, really. So compassionate. She is definitely a people person.
My middle daughter is my spirited one. My challenge. My sweetness. There aren't enough words in the world to show how much I love this girl and how proud of her I am. We've had a bumpy road...but it's smoothed out. I don't worry about this one, later in life, she knows what she wants and won't give in for anything.
Marriage with four littles is tough at times. Finding time for us, it's just impossible. Date nights are extremely rare. By 8pm when the kids are settled for the night I am spent. I have to dig deep to have actual conversation, rather than grunts and comments about whatever is on tv. I never realized how hard it would be. But the richness that marriage with four kids provides takes my breath away. Looking around at the life we've made and the four littles we get to raise is such an unbelievable blessing.
So that's me, today, for now. I love coffee and I'm not human each morning until I drink it. My kids make me laugh and make me want to scream all day. I love being creative but rarely get to do so. I love fall. I love Jesus. The way my kids have grown my faith in the last nine years is amazing.
I hope to be here more often. Blogging about our days. The simple things that I want to remember. My thoughts. Whatever. Just more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment