Thursday, May 22, 2008

I bribe my children to behave in public. Instead of judging those mommies who do that, I have joined their ranks. I threaten my two year old with the terrifying image of Winnie-the-Pooh coming to life to come tickle her in order to get her to leave a friends house without a tantrum. (Apparently that scares the poo-no pun intended-out of my sweet girl.) I let my kids eat things when we're out that I'd never give them at home just because it's conveniant. I let my 8 mo old play with my cell phone and keys in order to peacefully finish a conversation with another mommy at church. Prior to having kids, these were dangerous, terrible sins in Mommy-land! I was a Judgy-von-Holier-than-Thou! After Chloe was born I understood why mommies did these things, but never did them myself (gasp!). And now that I'm out numbered anything goes in order to keep the peace. Sometimes I feel like Lynette on Desperate Housewives. Yes, crazy, disorganized, bribing/threatening mom Lynette. All these things I realized yesterday when I was grocery shopping with my girls (always an adventure!) and Ava was screaming, Chloe was yelling to hear her voice echo and biting into the still not paid for bag of marshmellows. I was sweating, even though it was about 65 degrees, I think it was the nursing mommy hot flashes. It was just a crazy trip and each time this happens I tell myself not to take both girls with me again, but I forget about the madness and repeat my mistake each week.


My sweet angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment